Remodeling a kitchen requires more education and decision-making than any other project in your home. The design process begins with the layout, and planning continues with many more decisions to be made!
1. Use a professional kitchen designer to help plan and create your new kitchen atmosphere from layout, to lighting, to product selections and finishes.
2. The most commonly-used traffic path is between the refrigerator and the main sink. Plan easily-accessible counter space between the refrigerator and the sink for washing and preparation of food.
3. Locate the microwave oven near the refrigerator and in a wall cabinet or tall oven cabinet, rather than on a counter.
4. Double or single pull-out trash containers are great for trash, recycle materials, pet food, and bulk foods.
5. Pantries don’t have to be closets! Beautiful and efficient cabinet pantry storage is 12″-18″ deep. Wall, base, or tall cabinets and can be designed to look like a pantry hutch or cupboard, or used to create pantry storage at the back of an island or peninsula. Base cabinets 21″-24″ deep with adjustable roll-out shelves increase the amount of base pantry storage.
For more tips on remodeling your kitchen please contact Modern Homes Builders & Remodelers at 847-356-8886.